The holidays are upon us and with that comes decorations. Decorating your home inside and out is a great way to get you and your family in the holiday spirit. Following these few simple steps when decorating this season to ensure you and your families fire safety.
- Be careful with holiday decorations and make sure they are flame resistant or flame retardant.
- Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn.
- Use lights that have the label of an independent testing laboratory. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Connect no more than three strands of mini lights sets and a maximum of 50 bulbs for screw-in bulbs.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged.
- Keep decorations away from windows and doors.
Leave A Comment