The warmer weather is finally here, which means that it will be summer in no time. That means that family vacations, day trips to the beach and barbecues are right around the corner. It also means an increase in crime, making your home more helpless to burglaries.
Factors That Contribute to Increase in Home Invasions
- Windows left open to air out the home.
- Increase in family vacations and activities, leaving your home empty.
- Teenagers and children going in and out of the home and forgetting to lock doors.
Not only will a home security system protect your belongings, but it will protect your family from attempted burglaries. Follow our summer safety precautions to decrease the probability of becoming a victim of a home invasion this summer:
- If you don’t already have a security system, contact an installer to discuss the best option for your home.
- Make sure when you or a family member leaves the house, they are locking all the windows and doors. Even if it is only for a short time, everything should be locked. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
- Since hollow doors can easily be kicked open, consider replacing them with metal or solid wood doors.
- Don’t forget to shut and lock windows at night.
- Consider installing motion sensor lighting outside of your home.
- If you are going to be on vacation or gone for a long period of time, ask a neighbor to watch over your house. Ask that they bring any mail or newspapers in so it’s not obvious to criminals that you’re away from your home.
The best way you can protect your family and home during the summer is to install a home security system. To receive a free estimate, contact Basco Security today at 781-294-4166 or by filling out our online contact form.