As many homeowners know, moving or buying a new home is an exciting time! It’s an exciting time for burglars that intend to make you their next target. If you don’t take the necessary measures, the moving process can make you extra vulnerable to a burglar. Knowing what makes you vulnerable can help you avoid becoming a target.
- For the most part, new homeowners are distracted throughout the whole moving process and most likely, will not notice a burglar casing their new home.
- Sometimes, with a new home comes new purchases. Items like new furniture or a new television will be very attractive to a burglar.
- Homeowners are usually caught up in the process and don’t think twice about keeping their items in the driveway as they bring others in. This is essentially like a front yard ad, announcing what the burglars can expect to go into your home.
- Get to know your neighbors! Everyone will be new to you so this can make it hard to differentiate who lives in the neighborhood and who doesn’t.
- If you’re moving into a “new to you” home, make sure that you have your locks and any loose doorknobs. Who knows how many spare keys are floating around?
- Another thing to replace is the automatic garage door system. If it’s an older home, the system most likely has a universal remote to enter, giving burglars easy access to your home.
- Typically, homeowners wait until they have settled in before they install a home security system. This is the perfect time for burglars to avoid exposure and make their move.
To prevent invasions in your new home, understand what can make a new homeowner the perfect target. The best step you can take to protect your home is to have a security system installed. Learn more about protecting your home and family by contacting us at 781-294-4166. You can also fill out our contact form to request a free estimate from Basco Security, Inc.
Leave A Comment