Because of the time spent with family and the amount of food you consume, Thanksgiving is one of the most popular holidays that we celebrate. Typically, there’s a lot of traveling that comes with a mini Thanksgiving vacation. If you’re not practicing smart home security, you may be at risk of a robbery. To ensure you keep your home and belongings safe during the holiday season, Basco Security Inc. has a few tips to follow!
- One of the first indications that no one is at your home is when your mail or newspapers start to pile up. Piles of mail and newspapers are a sure sign that your home is vacant and is a green light for burglars to make their way into your home.
- Nowadays, we’re seeing an increase in the use of social media platforms, especially checking into places on Twitter and Facebook. This is a big tip off for potential burglars that you won’t be home.
- If you’re going to be away for a Thanksgiving, it’s a good idea to have light timers installed for different rooms in your home. Having lights go on and off throughout the day will give the illusion that someone is home.
- When you leave your home, shut the ringer to your phone off. If your phone continues to ring without anyone picking it up, this could be a sign to burglars that no one is home.
- If you have someone close by that you trust, give them a key and have them stop by our house randomly to check in. See if they can pick up your mail and just do an overall check on the house.
One of the best ways to keep your home safe during Thanksgiving is by installing a home security system. More and more, we’re seeing clients using our Cloud systems to monitor their homes. With a Cloud system, you can keep an eye on your home from your phone or tablet, making it easy when you’re on the road! To learn more about our home security systems, contact Basco Security Inc. today! Receive your free quote by calling us at 781-294-4166 or by filling out our online contact form.