With Christmas right around the corner, there’s been an increase in shopping, online and in stores. As you do your holiday shopping, especially in stores, it’s important to remember our home safety tips for the holidays. Basco Security, Inc. understands that Christmas shopping can get crazy, but it’s the perfect opportunity for burglars to make their move!
- While this may seem obvious, be sure to lock all of your home’s doors and windows. Christmas is a popular time for family and friends to be coming and going so make sure that any entry into your home is locked up.
- Be sure that any valuable items you have are put away and not left out for someone to see. This could be a good time to put things like jewelry or cash into a safe deposit box in your home, just to be on the safe side!
- More and more, people are checking in and posting everything they’re doing on social media. Refrain from posting that you’re out shopping as this can be a hint to potential burglars that there is no one home.
- While it might not be the most energy efficient tip, but leaving a light on will make it look like someone is home. With this illusion, it is less likely that someone will break into your home.
- Another obvious tip, but one that sometimes can be forgotten is setting your home security system. You may be in a rush to get to that sale at Target, but don’t let setting your alarm slip your mind!
If you don’t have a home security system and are interested in our installation services for the upcoming holiday, contact Basco Security, Inc. today! Receive your free estimate by calling us at 781-294-4166 or by filling out our online contact form.